Himalayan Component (As on 31.03.2022)
NWDA has completed the pre-feasibility studies of fourteen links in the Himalayan Component. They are namely:
- Manas-Sankosh-Tista - Ganga Link Project
- Jogighopa-Tista-Farakka Link Project
- Ganga-Damodar-Subernarekha Link Project
- Subernarekha-Mahanadi Link Project
- Farakka-Sunderbans Link Project
- Gandak-Ganga Link Project
- Ghaghara -Yamuna Link Project
- Sarda-Yamuna Link Project
- Yamuna-Rajasthan Link Project
- Rajasthan-Sabarmati Link Project
- Chunar- Sone Barrage Link Project
- Sone dam-Southern tributaries of Ganga Link Project
- Kosi- Ghaghara Link Project
- Kosi-Mechi Link Project.
Out of the above 14 links, NWDA has completed feasibility studies of 9 links i.e.
- Sarda-Yamuna Link (Indian portion),
- Ghaghara-Yamuna Link (Indian portion),
- Manas-Sankosh-Tista-Ganga (MSTG) Link,
- Farakka-Sunderban (FS) Link,
- Gandak-Ganga links,
- Yamuna - Rajasthan link.
The FRs of MSTG link and FS link are circulated during the year 2020-21, but FRs of Sarda-Yamuna Link and Ghaghara-Yamuna Link have not been circulated yet as the work in Nepal area is not completed. The Feasibility Report of Sarda-Yamuna link is under modification based on DPR of Pancheshwar dam in Nepal.
Feasibility Reports under modification
- Kosi-Ghaghra link
- Chunar -Sone barrage link.
S & I works for preparation of FR of Sone Dam-Southern Tributaries of Ganga (STG) link using Remote Sensing maps have been completed and the preparation of FR is in progress.
The Kosi-Mechi link which entirely lies in Nepal territory and the Jogighopa-Tista-Farakka link which is an alternate of MSTG link, are presently not targeted for preparation of FR. However, the PFR of Forest free alignment of Jogighopa-Tista-Farakka link has been completed and circulated to the members of TAC of NWDA and concerned State Govts. of Bihar, Assam and West Bengal on 13.06.2011.